Monday, January 4, 2010

Living the Internet-Free Lifestyle, nearly...

Well friends, it has been quite a while...  We arrived in Sucre back on December 21st and have been having a wonderful time here.  It´s been a wild ride on the tripped-out time machine for me, since the last time I was here was 1996.  A lot has happened since then, but Sucre is even lovelier than I remembered.

We are staying with our friends Martha and Antero and their four children.  Antero is an anthropologist who works for the Finnish government and Martha is a dentist.  He is from Finland and she is from Sucre.  They are amazingly generous hosts and have a great place here in town.  Antero, being Finnish, has a beautiful sauna of which we have partaken repeatedly.  We have gone on many excursions and had some amazing experiences, but I´m going to wait for a faster connection to load photos and tell you more.  Until then, here are a few teasers:

Driving over a 16,000 foot pass on the way to La Paz.

Staring at mummified baby llamas in the Witch´s Market in La Paz.

Hiking through the mountains of Chataquila to view cave paintings among bizarre rock formations.

Seeing my Comadres, Compadres friends and haijada after 14 years of being away.

Living life at the tranquil Sucrense pace.

Both Krista and I are so happy to be here together after so many years.  The kids like it too!  I look forward to writing more, so until then, thanks for reading and look for photos soon.

1 comment:

  1. I was getting worried about you! Glad to be reconnected and look forward to getting more details!

    ReplyDelete